Relationships, Pre-engagement & Marriage Experience
Life can throw many surprises at us, and while we cannot predict the outcome of any situation, we can take control of how we respond to situations. Using a thought-based approach via Behavior Therapy, you’ll learn about acceptance of your thoughts, how to better manage future decisions and how to exert your power of choice over whatever life may throw at you. Especially, in relationships.
Let’s face it, our relationships can be one of the most challenging aspects of our lives but, they don’t have to be. Relationships are meant to “flow.”
This includes: Friends, Coworkers, Roommates, Dating, and Romantic relationships.
Intimacy is not only about SEX. Intimacy is about connection.
Intimacy is about vulnerable connection.
We MUST ask: "Am I compatible with this person or, do we simply get along?"
Incompatibility in relationships is a major reason relationships may not last.
We look at everything on the surface when the real compatible parts are hidden, beneath the surface.
We should feel open, safe, and free. Both giving love and both receiving love.
We will look at ways to make your relationship “flow” on a daily basis.
We will look at habits, patterns, behaviors and most importantly thoughts!
How are those thoughts validated or warranted?
Pre-engagement & Relationship Coaching helps couples understand that moving forward towards marriage is a major step in life. It is not one to take lightly.
You will both need to FULLY understand each other on ALL levels. Why get engaged or married if you don’t fully understand the person you are going to marry?
Our processes will help you explore all facets of each person’s, needs, desires, likes, dislikes and goals. Not only in the relationship, but in life. You will be spending much of that together.
This is your greatest challenge!!!! Are you up for it? You should be. Otherwise, you are walking a path that may not be as fulfilling as you and your partner desire.
Our goal is to ensure that you have BOTH chosen the ideal partner and that you are both ready to commit to many years of love, acceptance, compassion, encouragement, support and most importantly, EASE and FUN!
During the initial consult, we will determine exactly what the best approach may be to get you feeling that the decisions you are making are the best, for both of you.
Seeing someone on every level of who they truly are will be scary and may lead to many emotions being revealed for the first time between you.
Although somewhat scary, these are necessary steps to long lasting, fulfilling relationships where two people not only love each other, they are compatible, vulnerable, safe and each sharing emotional freedom.
Lets work together to ensure your relationship is one that expands you both on every level.
What "YOU" will discover:
1. What do "I" want in my relationships?
2. How to determine the types of people that will make great friends/partners/spouses.
3. How emotions affect how you view relationships.
4. How to listen and be present while agreeing to perhaps disagree.
5. Questions to ask and steps to take prior to engagement and marriage.
6. How to determine when it is safe to be more open in friendships and relationships.
7. How to be vulnerable and feel safe in relations.
8. How our parents affect our relationships.
9. How to master emotions and control actions and reactions.
10. How to build long lasting authentic relationships.
11. How to have relationships that are fun, honest, open learning experiences.
12. Compatibility questions you need to share in order to build a life with someone.